unfulfilled love - unrequited love - love relinquished - life unlived...

we all are gypsies of a sort wandering traveling through this life other lives space and time here there and yon on roads less traveled - this is a written and visual journal of my own travels - imagined and/or real - come along with me - we'll dance among the stars under the sun and over the moon - we'll share our stories of love around the campfire - come along -

poetry from the heart...


POETRY FROM THE HEART - my own words dedicated to all the words left unspoken, the acts left undone - the love unlived unfulfilled -

i dance with you...only in dreams...

tweet me, but tweet me gently, please!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

shadow walk...

 i walk the lonely streets
phantom shadows without you


and see the world around me
bleak and empty without your presence

i hear the sounds of music
made silent without your laugh


and taste the dark sweet chocolate
turned bitter without your lips

i smell the flowers’ fragrances
turned foul without you

and feel the shafts of sun upon me
turn icy cold without your arms

i sleep away the darkness
made hellish without your touch


and speak the language
of loveless words without your name

i write these words
indelibly spilling from 
my bleeding heart

and dream of days now gone
of life with you



would you like to hear the words?

8 comments:

Roger Gauthier said...

I just came back... back from Paris la Magnifique. Paris et ses femmes belles et élégantes, une ville belle à pleurer.

Back from Paris... and I find you in brutal blacks and sad greys. I have missed our bantering with a hint of subtle something... and now you seem to radiate a black mood.

Cheer up, dear Jenean! I will be back shortly, have to sift through thousands of images, most of them going right to the trash of course...

Roger

GYPSYWOMAN said...

oh, how i adore surprises, dear roger! magnifique!!! no - no dark cloudy mood for me - just something to post from the archives while my muses are taking a break! can't wait to hear all your fabulous stories - and see all your fantastic images! so hurry!!! ;)

Gemel said...

Deeply moving and enticing at the same time..............have missed your poetic words.

GYPSYWOMAN said...

oh, gemel! it's really been way too long and i'm so glad to see you! i'm begging everyone's forgiveness for my having been so remiss in my own visits - so many many every-day life things getting in the way of my blogworld - and i've missed my friends so much! thank you for thinking of me, dear dear lady!

Marguerite said...

Beautiful and poignant words, my dear lady! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

GYPSYWOMAN said...

hello louisianalady! how wonderful to have you come up from the divine south! have a fantabulous remainder of the weekend! ;)

Dulçe ♥ said...

WONDERFUL, my dear lady, just wonderful... how we sense the day as it goes by but without him... still we do go, but without that love it all seems as if half, not complete...
Oh I've been there, who has not?
But no one has expressed it this way!
Hugs J.

GYPSYWOMAN said...

oh, yes, up and down those shadow streets without his "everything" - but we do go on - don't we! so wonderful to have you come by, dear dear lady!

oh, and have you checked out the audio bar? ;)