unfulfilled love - unrequited love - love relinquished - life unlived...

we all are gypsies of a sort wandering traveling through this life other lives space and time here there and yon on roads less traveled - this is a written and visual journal of my own travels - imagined and/or real - come along with me - we'll dance among the stars under the sun and over the moon - we'll share our stories of love around the campfire - come along -

poetry from the heart...


POETRY FROM THE HEART - my own words dedicated to all the words left unspoken, the acts left undone - the love unlived unfulfilled -

i dance with you...only in dreams...

tweet me, but tweet me gently, please!

Friday, March 19, 2010

the forest...


i wander alone
the forest
of days gone by

of love left behind
trees stripped 
leafless
touting life made
loveless

the fabric of us 
slipping
away
into 
mortal memories
leaving me bare
naked exposed
to the elements

of misery
and
sadness
of missing you
the gentle touch
that was yours 
now
lost replaced
by the stark
slap of reality
in walking alone

 
without you

7 comments:

Deb Kirkeeide said...

I don't know if the painting inspired your words (which always speaks to our inner being) but this painting gives me a sense of cleansing, renewal,and comfort
The forest is where I go when I feel as you describe and somehow I never feel alone.

I love this painting! She is so much a part of the forest, a spirit almost, you might miss her if not for that second glance.

I always enjoy my visits here.

GYPSYWOMAN said...

yes, she is so much a part of the forest, which is what i so love about the image, too, deb! you really really might miss her, for sure - but there, her spirit is visible among the trees - this came about when i was sitting here - without seeing the image - and the words of wandering alone in the forest came to me - from there, i first thought of klimt for something suitable and then remembered this of miller's - and then, yes, i let the image tell me its own story - i had no idea of the second line or the last until i just kept looking and typing -

and i love the forest too - always have loved roaming the woods and forests even as a child - a feeling of being part of something magical -

thanks so much for coming over - i check your place regularly and always love coming over!

Rosaria Williams said...

The picture and the words form a lovely symbiosis.

Mada Dm said...

The painting is indeed a very beautiful one.
But your words placed for it, are drawing the real image.
The forest will always be a magic land of unknown,like we are, we the people and the secret our spirit! Excellent writing, my dear

GYPSYWOMAN said...

so sorry to just now be responding to your comment, lake - love the way you put it - the symbiosis! so true! thanks SO much for coming by!

GYPSYWOMAN said...

and dear magda! your comments here mean so much - as so your own words which i love visiting - and yes, the forest, the magic land of the unknown, like us, and our secret spirits! have a glorious remainder of the evening!

Nishant said...

love this painting! She is so much a part of the forest, a spirit almost, you might miss her if not for that second glance.
home jobs india